Raincross Boxing Academy
The program started from the idea of now retired Riverside Police Detective. He partnered with UCR’s Highland Gloves Boxing Club, and in 2014 the established the successful program known as Raincross Boxing Academy, to create a free boxing program for students, their families, and professional and amateur boxers that included community service and education in Riverside, CA.
The Raincross Boxing Academy program is designed to instill discipline, community involvement, and a healthy lifestyle for the at-risk youth of Riverside. The organization serves our community and students through community events and weekly tutoring and workouts with students in the Riverside Unified School District. The gym is the proud home to over twenty professional and amateur boxers. This is a FREE boxing program, so be sure to visit Raincross Boxing Academy’s website for more information.
School Before Sports
School Before Sports is one of our mottos. Youth boxing members will have the opportunity to tutor with one of our UCR students as part of the membership.
RAINCROSS BOXING ACADEMY(RBA) is supported by:
- Professional Trainer Henry Ramirez, who will be designing and overseeing custom boxing programs for RBA
- UCR’s Director of Performance for Adrenaline Athletic Training Gary Heron, who will be designing and overseeing the strength and conditioning program for RBA
- High School Counselor/Probation Officer Robert Nava, who will be designing and overseeing the tutoring program for RBA
- Officers of the Riverside Police Department’s Boxing Team, who will be coaching and mentoring the members of RBA
- UCR’s Highlander Gloves, boxing club, who will be supporting the coaching and tutoring programs for RBA
- Professional Boxers such as Saul “Kid Dinamita” Rodriguez, Chris “The Nightmare” Arreola, Josesito “Riverside Rocky” Lopez, who have committed their support of RBA
- RBA’s Board of Directors: Retired Det. Mario Dorado, Former Det. Nick Kean, Pro Boxing Trainer Henry Ramirez, Pastor Jonathan Bilima, Cora Dorado, Robert Nava, and Executive Director Judy Cunningham.
- FREE Boxing Program
- Strength & Conditioning Training
- Tutoring Program
- Community Volunteering
- Administrative Positions
- Mentorship Program
- Mandatory tutoring 2 times a week for anyone under 18
- First timers must attend orientation
- Participate in community service
- Read and sign Rules and Regulations
- Volunteers over 18 are welcome (must have background checked and interviewed)
Although the number of students Raincross Boxing Academy can serve at any given time is limited, they’re always accepting new applicants. If there is no space at the time RBA receives your application, RBA will place you on a waiting list and notify you when space becomes available. Please download their application here and review their manuals (available in English and Spanish) before submitting your application to email@example.com